The June RRLug meeting went really well. We had 17 people attending and we met at the usual time of 6:30pm in the Rasmussen College Boardroom. There were a few new faces in the crowd tonight. As usual we had several different presentations tonight:
- Python Training – Peter Hedlund continued with part #2 of his Python series. He provided some really good code examples with explanation. Peter and Sam also introduced a couple of reference sites:
- Peter uses this site for reference: http://www.tutorialspoint.com/python/
- Sam uses this site to test code online: http://repl.it
- Sam uses this site for obtaining virtual machines with current Internet Explorer releases: http://www.modern.ie
- Arduino 101 – Sam Williams provided a good Arduino 101 tutorial video being taught by an incredible young man by the name of Schuyler St. Leger . Its a great introduction to Arduino. The video can be viewed online at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQnPQzrX64g
- Current News – Towards the end of the meeting Sam lead a discussion on some of the more interesting Linux/FOSS news items from the past month including the recent concerns over online privacy.
We all had a great time. Hope to see you all next month for the July meeting on: 07/11/13.