The October RRLug meeting had 11 members attending. We met at Rasmussen @ 6:30pm, but shifted the meeting to a classroom in order to use a whiteboard. Next month we will again return to the boardroom! The meeting was a little unconventional in its approach, but we covered all the topics below:
- SpeedTest – discuss a convenient tool for determining your current Internet connection speed.
- Firefox Configuration Management Pt2 – Sam Williams finished discussing the newest changes in Firefox that help safeguard your configuration and settings.
- Linux News – Discuss the general Linux news items from the past month.
- Raspberry Pi B+ – Peter HedLund is going to bring his new Raspberry Pi B+. If he gets a chance to work on it, he will also have a touchscreen display that will mount on the PI.
- Wubi installation – Peter Hedlund will also discuss the issues he had with his recent Wubi upgrade of Ubuntu.
- Linux Troubleshooting – Gary Melvin is going to bring a computer to the meeting to use in a discussion of troubleshooting techniques. The computer belongs to a friend and is dying after about an hour of disuse.
We had a really good meeting and wished more of the members had been able to attend.