The March RRLug meeting will be held starting at 6:00pm on Thursday, March 9th. Directions: When you arrive at Rasmussen College take the elevator to the third floor then turn right and walk straight into the meeting room (Boardroom). This months agenda is as follows:
- General System Administration Topics – Sam Williams will discuss simple ways to tune your Linux machines at no extra cost. These include using tmpfs and Powertop. Additionally, he will be discussing how you can use busybox (live scripting session) and the watch command.
- Favorite Linux Commands Pt2 – Imagine being trapped in an isolated area with just your Linux computer. Tonight we are all going to discuss the Linux commands that we find useful everyday and that we really can’t live without.
- Fail2Ban – Tonight we are going to look at a command that is used to secure your machine from brute-force attacks. Sam Williams will show you some of his favorite uses for the command.
- Byobu – If you like the idea of a screen multiplexer and can’t decided between screen and tmux there is another answer called Byobu. Byobu is a wrapper around either screen or tmux and it provides a simple and uniform terminal multiplexer experience. Tonight we look at the program and demonstrate how it is really useful.
- Linux News – Bring a Linux news event from the last month and we can discuss it during tonight’s meeting.
Hope to see you all there, particularly since we are going to have some really interesting presentations tonight!